Friday 10 August 2012

What it takes

A friend asked me a question the other day that I would like to share:

"If there was a Christian Olympics what would your sport be?"

There are events in preaching and leadership, hospitality matches, and coffee date tournaments (which is like all around gymnastics, complete with fellowship, mentoring and encouragement).

And while I was pondering what event I would be good enough to compete in I realized that I probably wouldn't qualify in anything. 

Because in order to even be considered worthy of the prestige of the title 'olympian' there are many challenges athletes must face. 

And the problem is, not only do you have to conquer those challenges and rise above them, but you have to do so consistently. 

That is where I think I would struggle. That is where I do fall short. Because while I have my days with very successful coffee dates, and those days I am simply oozing faith, they are not the reflection of my typical performance but more of an exception to the rule. 

I mean maybe if there was a Special Olympics for Christianity I MIGHT qualify in some area, but the truth is even on my best days I would be far from a medal. 

So I'm going to start focusing on my consistency so one day, more specifically The Day, I will.


1 comment: