Thursday 9 August 2012

A Borrowed Wisdom

A wise woman once talked of her grief. She lived in it for quite some time, but now time has passed and she is now done grieving. She is done grieving, but she is not done growing.

In fact I don't think any of us are ever done growing.

I know that I am not.

But I am done grieving.

I am done looking at my past and wishing it was with me again.

I am not done healing however.

And that is perfectly alright with me.

The last few months have been messy and difficult, but they have also been enlightening and revitalizing.

At the beginning of this summer I spent hours lying awake at night reliving and over-thinking everything I could possibly scrutinize and examine, wishing to do it all over again, wondering where I went wrong.

Now, it often still takes me a long time to fall asleep, but I am lying in my bed too excited to sleep, to over-joyed with all God has done and will do in me.

And can I just tell you, that is a really fun feeling.

And as I was reading the words of this wise woman, her last comment stuck out to me:

"Perhaps Grief is the greedy guest.  She sprawls across the furniture with her cold, heavy blankets, and she hides in the dark corners.  Now that she has gone, I have only the memory that she was ever here at all.
Love has stayed all along."

I have not forgotten the pain, nor will I. But the truth is I would do it all over again for this outcome.

All because the love I've found is the epitome of how love should be. It is exciting, refreshing, and so Divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment