Tuesday 2 October 2012

Lacking Words

I've had a lack of words lately.

At least a lack of words that I've felt like sharing here.

Honestly I am still struggling with the fact that anyone has the ability to read my heart and while I am still working on the breaking façades thing,  I also know there are some people my heart can no longer bear letting in and the notion of them potentially reading this unnerves me.

Which is why I've been selfish.

I've been guarding my heart from these people, but at the same time I have been shutting the vast majority of the people I want to share with, the rest of the world, out.

And that isn't fair.

So here I am exposing my heart once more to all that want to read it.

Even if those few are out there too.

Because I can't hide away forever and at the same time I can't stop them from reading.

So I am taking the advice of a wise man who once prayed:

"Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"
 
And this is one of those things I can't change.

And one more thing:

Since I've been struggling to find my own words I have been finding a way to inspire me with the words of others:

Quotes and pictures placed above my bed. To help encourage me to search for my own words. 

Hopefully these will get me back on track. 

No comments:

Post a Comment