Tuesday 16 October 2012

Trucking Through

For the last year I have been dreading yesterday.

Part of me hoped it would never come.

The other just wanted it to happen to get it over with.

And I'm grateful to say I made it through.

Yes it was sad, and yes I was sad, but I was alright with the fact that I was sad.

And I can only owe that to the fact that God showed me that I was going to be okay.

How did He do this?

On Saturday night there was a terrible rainstorm. It was a torrential downpour.

And while most people would hate this, I love the rain.

Partially because it rarely really rains in Colorado, so growing up rainstorms were magical occurrences that needed to be celebrated, and partially because every time I really need God, every time I am lost and need a reminder that He is there, He sends rain.

That is one of the reasons I moved to the Pacific Northwest. Here I can get daily reminders of Him.

Anyway, it was raining so hard that the power went out. Our entire campus went pitch black.

And in a moment of spontaneity, I put on a pair of sweats and an old t-shirt and I went and danced in the rain, just the way I did when I was little kid.

And the rain wasn't cold like I expected.

But it was refreshing,
revitalizing,
and rehabilitating.

Because He was pouring over me, in just the way I needed Him to.

And the best part, was while I was dancing, I was certain that Annie was dancing next to me.

I could almost hear her laugh.

And I knew, without any shadow of a doubt, that she was so happy.

And she was with me.

So yesterday, while I was sad, I was filled with so much joy.

Because Annie has had a year without any pain, sorrow, a year of perfection that will span into eternity.

An eternity I plan to embrace alongside her.

And to further help with my sorrow yesterday, here is my devotional, yet again all too appropriate:

"Be prepared to suffer for me, in My Name. All suffering has meaning in My kingdom. Pain and problems are opportunities to demonstrate your trust in Me. Bearing your circumstances bravely- even thanking Me for them- is one of the highest forms of praise. This sacrifice of thanksgiving rings golden-toned bells of Joy throughout heavenly realms. On earth also, your patient suffering sends out ripples of good tidings in ever-widening circles.
          When suffering strikes, remember that I am sovereign and that I can bring good out of everything. Do not try to run from pain or hide from problems. Instead, accept adversity in My Name, offering it up to Me for My purposes. Thus, your suffering gains meaning and draws you closer to Me. Joy emerges from the ashes of adversity through your trust and thankfulness. 
                
           James 1: 2-4; Psalm 107: 21-22"

~Sarah Young, Jesus Calling

So I guess all I can sufficiently say is Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment