Thursday 11 October 2012

I am His

So yesterday in Chapel we heard students answer why they believe in God, and we were then encouraged to answer the same question.

So here it goes:

I believe in God because God didn't really give me another choice.

Yes, I have free will and no I don't think that I don't have the ability to control my own actions because everything is predetermined, but what I mean when I say that He didn't give me a choice is that He created me perfectly to respond to His consistent pursuit for me.

I am one of those hopeless romantics. The kind of person who always wants to believe that the happy endings can happen. The kind of person who always tries to see the best in people, holding them to a high expectation so that they might be able to rise to it.

This doesn't mean they don't sometimes let me down, or that I think everything can be happy all of the time.

If you've read any of my other posts you know that I've experienced the unhappy.

But because of my love for these things I can't help but believe the romantic that is Christ:

The concept of a God who designed me simply because He wanted to know me.

A God whose heart is broken every time mine is.

A God who loves me enough to humble Himself and live in a fallen world that can often be torturous. And for Him it was.

A God who died purely so I have the ability to know Him better.

A God who constantly reminds me of how valuable and important I am to Him.

How can I not believe such a beautiful love story?

How can I ignore His unyielding pursuit of me?

More importantly why would I want to not believe it?

It is the perfect story, that gives us all a perfect ending.

Call me naive, call me wide-eyed and fanciful, but the truth is I know that God loves me because He tells me in each moment, He whispers it in every instant, and He proves it infinitely.

So I don't think I was made to not believe. I don't think that I could choose to ignore Him even if I wanted to.

Simply because He would never let me.

And thank God for that.
The very first verse we learn in Sunday School. But how well do we really know it?
He loves us SO much. For He SO loved the world.
Let's not forget it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment