Sunday 9 September 2012

A true writer

Although I haven't been as regular posting lately, that does not mean I have lost my love or passion for it.

In fact here is a little story to prove that I have not.

I was on the plane heading north for school and I was working on my current novel. And while I was writing and going through the motions of my character's journey, a thought came to my head, one I had to jot in my other notebook.

So I awkwardly maneuvered myself to get into my bag stored under the seat in order to pull out my little blue notebook in exchange for the brown.

I wrote in that one for a bit, and it got me to think about my character once more, so I shifted around in my seat to retrieve my brown notebook from where I had only moments ago just placed it back in my bag.

This time however I kept both of the notebooks out, shifting from one to the other frequently, enlisting stares from the passengers on either side of me.

But I was too immersed in the words to care. Which is often what happens when you give me something to write about, a pen and some paper.

You know you are a writer when...

1 comment: