Wednesday 4 July 2012

Victim of Doubt

Silent, the Creature sneaks past my defenses,
Effortlessly hurtling my most complex barricade,
The Monster slithers past my watchmen unnoticed,
Until with a single bound forges my keep;

There is not even time to scream.

Terror sinks with the weight of an anvil,
Embedding all I was, am and can hope to be
Leaving me in a state of trauma
As I simply stand idly by while my power is overturned.

No blood is shed in the Coup.

My hands tremble as the feeling returns,
My mind spinning as if struck,
My voice without avail tries to penetrate the silence,
My hope dead in the sight of the Beast.

Everything is bound by invisible chains.

The dread weighs upon the heart,
Allowing no room for the lungs to breathe,
The sight suffocating
The sound of stillness unbearable.

And without a struggle my sanity is lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment