Tuesday 10 July 2012

Waiting on Rainbows

So yesterday was a rough one.


Yet again.


But after I sobbed for a few hours (this time in the privacy of my own room) God showed me a little reminder of His love.


Saturday night I was reading this book called "Heaven is for Real" by Todd Burpo (which I highly recommend) and I was reminded of the Childlike faith we should all have (which I have written about previously). Anyway this little boy prayed for God to send him a rainbow and it was a concept that I really liked. So that night I prayed for God to send me one as well.


And as I was sobbing yesterday afternoon I realized that I had forgotten to look for it. 


I had no doubt that God would have sent me one, but I had forgotten to search for the gift that was inevitably coming. I mean it had rained a lot that morning so I thought I had missed my chance.


Which of course made me even more upset.


But after dinner we were driving to watch the sunset and my mother (who has an incredible eye for these kinds of things) spotted a beautiful rainbow with all of the trimmings.


I (for the second time that day) started to cry and announced that it was a gift specifically designed for me.


My mother (who is also very intuitive) asked me why I had wanted a rainbow.


My reply was as such:


I wanted a reminder that my storm will not last forever. That I will not drown in the flood. That the sun will eventually shine again.


And most importantly, that I am not in the storm alone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment