Sunday 23 October 2011

Still Flapping

Everyone keeps asking how I am doing. How I am coping with my loss.




Well, here's a picture to show you how I feel:



Right now I am bound to grief and responsibilities and expectations. And all I am trying to do is continue on my way. No matter how hard I pull, or tug, or flap my wings, I can barely move my burden. And when I finally succeed in moving in two inches, there is a stair in the way. And another after that.


So how am I doing?


Frankly, 
I am exhausted. I have been carrying this load for so long and my fragile wings can no longer support my own weight. 


And yet I still have to make it to the top of the stairs.



No matter how tired I get,


No matter how much my wings ache,


No matter how appealing surrender sounds,


I have to keep flying.


Sure, my rests might be frequent, and there might be days where I feel like giving up, but I know that as I persevere a bit of the stone will chip off in the effort, and that my pain will lighten gradually.



I don't know how long it will take, but here is something I do know: Annie would want me to keep trying. 

1 comment:

  1. you are a brave, sweet lady, Sus. My heart is reaching out to you, wanting to wrap you up in my arms. You are, and always will be, in my thoughts and prayers. love you

    ReplyDelete