Tuesday 25 October 2011

On Such a sea

The last two months I've felt like I've been falling.

Falling into a new surrounding.

Falling into University.

Falling into grief.


I've plummeted into murky waters, opaque and obscure, and am now trying to regain my bearings. I try to tread water and keep my head above the dark, vicious waves. Paddling without rest, I strive to stay afloat, always looking towards the horizon in search for the break of day. Gasping for air, a quote comes to mind:

"There is a tide in the affairs of men.
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
Omitted, all the voyage of their life
Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
On such a full sea are we now afloat,
And we must take the current when it serves,
Or lose our ventures."
~William Shakespeare

I am here on this sea, combating the tempest that is trying to pull me down. But I must take the current when it serves, I must let it lead me into the unknown, because God never places us in deep waters to watch us sink, but instead places us there so we can survive and look for His aid, which will inevitably come. There is a tide in the affairs of men, and that tide is not meant to lead us to our doom, but instead lead us to our faith when taken by the flood. 

On such a sea all men must float, and knowing that, the water does not seem so hostile as before. 


Because I am no longer adrift alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment