Saturday 10 November 2012

I was wrong

So I have ever told you that God works in funny ways?

Because just yesterday I talked about how discouraged I have been feeling and I wrote a long list of things I can't do.

But last night, through a group of young girls, God reminded me of all of the things I can do.

I can still cook and bake, things I love to do, and am learning to do well.

I can read and write, which if you know anything about me, you'll know those are passions of mine.

And most importantly, I can still share all of the ways God is working in my life.

Last night was preview weekend, where high school students who are considering Trinity come tour and visit the school to see if they want to go here.

There were a few girls who did not want to be separated, and a few girls from my hall willing to host, so in an act of God we all ended up pared together.

It was such a blessing to be able to love on these four girls, who for being in their twelfth grade year are all so on fire for God. They have each done incredible things like raised thousands of dollars for those suffering, and have gone to work with the people enslaved in sex trafficking, and so many more things.

And yet God used me to bless them.

He just allowed me to love them and share all that I've learned of Him this past year.

And the conversation just left me and my good friend Ana so refreshed and refilled that we have been unable to focus all day.

And we stopped trying about noon, taking today as a Sabbath, to just dwell in this peace, in His Peace.

We've done nothing but rejoice God and praise all day long.

"So set a fire down in my soul,
That I can't contain
And I can't control
I want more of you, God
I want more of you, God"

And last night, while all of the other girls were getting ready for bed, I went outside into the cold night, and I ran.

Not for long, but I ran, I felt the brisk air rush past my face and my feet were steady and sure.

Because "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. "

No comments:

Post a Comment