Saturday 19 May 2012

Oil and Vinegar

This world is a big bottle of oil and vinegar. The equal parts of the good and the bad. And in order to create a successful salad dressing the bottle must be shaken, so that the good and bad can disperse. 

And my world has just been shaken. 

But as I am trying to regain my feet and gather my surroundings I must always remember that God shakes the bottle for reasons we can not understand yet. 

I mean if the two were not mixed it would be nothing but good until the bad consumes all. And that is no way to live life. 


So instead the good comes with the bad, allowing for a bittersweet taste that balances perfectly. And while I might feel surrounded by the vinegar in this moment, the oil will come to replenish me.

For we never can know when it will next be shaken for the better, or how this shake will balance out the next. We just have to trust that with each new upset something will change in us.

And change for the better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment