Tuesday 12 February 2013

A distinction to be made

I've learned that there is a difference between being weak and being weary.

To be weak is to not be strong; liable to yield, breakor collapse under pressure or strain; fragile; frail.

To be weary is to be physically or mentally exhausted by hard work or exertion.

But here is the critical distinction between the two: when you are a Christian, you always have strength within you, for 


The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation
(Psalm 118:14)

Therefore, we cannot be weak when we are with The Lord. It is impossible. 

We can however be weary. But we can take heart, for 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
(Matthew 11:28)

So the next time you feel like falling, like your legs cannot hold you up any longer, or as if you do not have the strength to go on know that you are only burdened and weary. But you are not weak. You are never weak. 

But those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.

They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.
(Isaiah 40:31)


No comments:

Post a Comment