Sunday 23 December 2012

Hello again

It's been a while.

And weirdly enough, I've missed you all. I've missed even those who I have never met from all around the world, and I've missed letting the people I do know about my life.

I haven't been absent due to a lack of motivation to write, or a shortage of topics to talk on, but merely due to the mere business of the season. Finals, packing and then family have consumed the time I have had, and when I have had a spare moment to myself to try and organize my thoughts into coherent sentences I have had far too many things to sort.

So here I am, trying to sort it all into some kind of single post. And I don't think I can.

Exams went well as far as I know.

Goodbyes were hard. Some harder than others.

I sat next to a little girl on the plane who reminded me of Annie. She wanted things the way she wanted them, and she was very comfortable as herself.

And since then there have been a multitude of blessings that God has poured out on me.

Several today even.

Today I realized I was much stronger than I originally thought. I had the opportunity to fall apart, and the truth is, I didn't have a reason to. I had gotten beyond what months ago would have broken me. It helps that I knew that God would give me strength. He did.

And then later today my family had around 40 people over for dinner. I got to spend time with my family that I have missed. But five of which were orphans from Ethiopia. What traditionally is a birthday party for me became a way to bless kids who really need love. And I am pretty sure they left feeling loved. I know I fell in love with them before they left.

We went on a sleigh ride. We made gingerbread houses. They performed for us (they are a part of a choir called His Little Feet). And we gave them presents.

I got a few, but the truth is, It wouldn't have mattered if I hadn't. I had the chance to show love to kids who need it. And they showered me in love in return. And that was the most important.

And my being born made it possible.

So thanks Lord, for planning my birth twenty years ago, just so a night like tonight could happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment