Thursday 26 January 2012

I feel like I am at a crossroads.
An impasse.
A mighty wall I can't seem to find a way around.

On the other side of the wall
I hear birds chirping and laughter,
But there is no end in sight,
No alternate route to the joyful noise.

A heavenly light beams from the other side
The sky is  blue and bright,
Warm and welcoming,
But the wall provides no grooves to climb,
For it is sleek and solid
Meant to be impenetrable.

I am at a crossroads,
I can't go forward,
I refuse to go back.

So I remain stuck.

All I can do is sit and ponder a way

To get to the other side.
I search for a sense of clarity to illuminate a way 
Over my roadblock

  In my fear
and
  In my frustration

I forget

I have already been told the way

yet,
like some distant dream
I cannot remember the words that were once spoken.

I feel like I am at a crossroads.
                                             
Searching
For the words that were lost,
For the message I know so well,

For a way over the Wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment